Friday, May 03, 2024

Wow! It's been a LONG time!

So today I came across a link to my old blog! Yes, if you're reading this, this is what I'm talking about. My last post was way back in 2008. Uh let's see, that's . . . sixteen years ago (had to get the calculator out for that). 

I used to blog daily for a few years, then every few days or so. Then . . . I stopped completely. Looking back over some of those posts, it got me thinking maybe I could start back up again, now that I'm retired and have some T I M E on my hands, as it were. Let's see if I can get back into the swing of it. No guarantees!

In 2008, we were stationed in Rhode Island as State Coordinators (2007-2009). Here's the rest of the list if anyone is interested:

2009-2011 Quincy, MA - Corps Officers
2011-2014 Wilmore, KY - SASF Directors
2014-2017 Chambersburg, PA - Corps Officers
2017-2020 Sunbury-on-Thames, UK - Sunbury Court/ICO
                    Doug Business Services; Deb Program Services
2020-2020 (Apr-Jul) Nyack, NY - USA East THQ
                    (COVID limbo upon returning from UK)
2020-2023 Rochester, NY - Area Services
2023-2023 (Jul-Nov) Penn Yan, NY - Empire NY DHQ
                    Young Officer Support
2023          Dec 1 - Retirement to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina!

A lot has happened in those 16 years. Maybe I'll bring up some blog worthy stories as we go along.

For now let's just say God has been GOOD (ALL the time!) and he has been faithful. I will definitely be posting some of the AMAZING things he has done throughout our retirement process. I am DAILY amazed at how he continues to work on our behalf with some simple things and some HUGE things.

We are now enjoying our time at the Conway, SC corps (in the Carolinas Division), where we have found great friends, fellowship, ministry opportunities, and fulfilling worship. Our Corps Officers are incredible! Shout out to Major Jenn and Captain Carl Melton! We love them already.

Make sure I post about 1) our house purchase, 2) my Bass Trombone (yeah, I always capitalize Bass Trombone as it is so awesome an instrument!), and 3) Our car. On a tough note, I should post about our most difficult move and the long process I went through to heal from that deep hurt. God is just SO patient and wise.

Here's to a re-energized Light Seeker. To be sure- I AM still seeking THE Light!
- - - - -

Oh: I need to clean up a lot of the side links and such, so be patient as I sort through all that.

No comments: