Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Father Bothers!

As I wait for the second cleaning company to come to our house and continue the work to remove the oil smell (more on all that later), I'm sitting at my office desk praying and listening to Lincoln Brewster (his music is so awesome!). I don't know how many times I've heard these words before, but today, they went down deep:

"Thank you Father,
I'm glad that you bother
To love a man like me."

I'm glad that you bother. Wow. I get it; what he's trying to say. God doesn't HAVE to bother with our lives and all we put him through. But he DOES!

Along the lines of Paul's "worst sinner of them all," when we see the truth of who we really are against who God really is . . . there is no comparison. Why should God (I mean, GOD, after all) pay any attention to us at all?

Psalm 8 voices this same thought with these words:

"Why do you bother with us?
Why take a second look our way
?" - The Message

We will probably never grasp the why of God's attention to us, but really all we have to do is trust it's true. God cares deeply for us. So much that he deals with all the bother we put him through.

So this morning, as I marvel at God's presence in my little office- all focused on me- all I can say is "Thank you Father, I'm glad that you bother with me."

Ha! Now Lincoln's singing "You alone are worthy to be praised!" How perfect is that?

PS: I wish you could experience what God is doing in me right now! It's incredible!

1 comment:

Alberta Rockstar said...

aww thats so cool!