Sunday, May 13, 2007

2 Reports in 1 Blog!

A few weeks ago, as I was struggling with my need for a prostate procedure, God spoke to me and suggested we schedule a Deeper Life Weekend at our corps on healing. It was one of those rhema moments and I immediately knew God had a good idea! I also knew immediately who I should contact to come- my brother and sister-in-law Howie and Pat.

I was not surprised when we were able to schedule a date quickly. After all, God knew it was going to happen before he suggested it to me! And he also knew the results, which we still have ahead of us, because the weekend isn't over yet. However, we can report on what happened yesterday during the day seminar.

First we learned a lot about healing! We read about scriptural instances of healing. We learned about healing ministries and practices today. We heard testimonies about how God has healed individuals. But more important than book learning, we were encouraged to get our feet wet and actually pray for the healing of people who had needs right then and there.

We had quite a few people present who needed healing- there was cancer, a prostate issue, feet problems, a terminal disease, diabetes, uncontrollable weight, a blocked blood vessel, etc. Everyone who stepped up was prayed for. To be fair, the results of our praying will be seen in the next few weeks as people get reports from their doctors, but we also learned to CONTINUE praying for healing and not to just pray once and walk away. Sometimes we need to do SOAKING prayer to see the results we expect.

Which brings me to my report on my prostate procedure. One of the reasons I haven't given a report here yet, is that I don't want people to think "my work with Doug is done- on to the next prayer project." I realize that even though my procedure was a success according to my doctor, I have weeks of recovery in front of me. Yes, externally, I appear to be back to full strength and up and around again. But my doctor says internally, healing will be taking place until October! Bet you didn't realize you were signing up for such a long term prayer project when you told me you would pray for me, huh?! ;)

Well you are appreciated and I want you to know your prayers are not ineffective! I know God heals today. I also know God heals in a variety of ways (some of which we learned about yesterday!), including through doctors and gradually over a period of time. Which is where I find myself right now. And in his healing hands is not a bad place to be!

More reports on the weekend to come . . .

1 comment:

jsi said...

Amazing answers from God about your specific and deepfelt prayers.