Friday, May 25, 2007

We're on the Move

The word's out; it's now official. Debbie & I are moving at the end of June to be the State Coordinators in Rhode Island. What do we think about it? Good question.

Don't get me wrong- we're definitely excited about the opportunity and the possibilities- we just don't have any frame of reference to relate it to. If we were moving to another corps appointment or a headquarters, we'd know what to expect. We've done that before. But we've never even been stationed in an area command let alone led one.

Are we worried? Not at all. Intrigued is a good word! Bottom line- we're confident God orchestrated this move and has a plan for our good; that we will be blessed and a blessing. Based on a couple of phone calls and emails I've had today, there will be plenty to do and lots of good people to minister with.

Oh another good thing- I know where Rhode Island is and I can spell it!

There are people in Bangor we will miss! I won't even begin to list them here because I'm sure I'd miss many. We've got the shortest time we've ever had to prepare for this move, so we've got some packing to do! And farewelling. And saying goodbye. And wrapping up details. And . . .

I'm sure there will be more info to follow, so keep posted by checking back. I'll sincerely try to get back to blogging more often.

4 comments:

Christian said...

I know you are not here yet, but nonetheless, Welcome to Southern New England!

Anonymous said...

Doug and Deb:

I salute your 7 years of wonderful ministry in Bangor. A golden era.

RI is blessed to have you at the helm. I pray for another rich season.

A prophetic word for you - "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times." Micah 5:2

RJMunn

Christin ><> said...

hey bro -- Love you and deb much -- praying for you both in this transition time. See you at congress.

Sean said...

You know Doug the first 6 years you and Deb where here You and I we never really connected well but in this past year we have made this Wonderful Bond, and ill go to camp with u here then when i get back Josh will be here. Im not saying its a bad thing he is coming im just saying it was great getting to know u, you helped me threw alot and i will never forget you for that Doug Burr,

Loves and Blessings, SEAN!