Sunday, September 09, 2007

Captivated

This morning as I was hanging out with God, I was listening to an album by Vicky Beeching ("Yesterday, Today & Forever"). Now it usually takes me awhile to settle myself down to truly worship, so by the time I got to her 9th piece, I was ready- "Captivated." Here are the words that broke into my toughened heart:

May my life be one unbroken gaze
fixed upon the beauty of Your face.


I was undone.

Life can be so difficult! Work, people, schedules, meetings, computers, traffic, time . . . these things can drain the joy out of us. Their constant nagging, clamoring for our total attention. If we're not careful, they can slowly pull us away from our first love. We may go kicking and screaming, but off we go anyway.

But in moments of solitude, silence . . . being alone with God, we can recapture that which is really important- worship of the One who is more valuable than anything.

May my life be one unbroken gaze
fixed upon the beauty of Your face.


I don't have anything else of value to say here. It's all up to you now- get away from that computer, shut the door, turn off the TV. Whatever it takes, get alone with God and just be quiet.

Listen.

Fix your gaze on the One who loves you and desires more than anything else to be with you and let you know of that love.

My work is done, but yours is just beginning.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Bro - I needed your joyful word this morning!

Denise said...

this is definitely resonating with me right now - blessings!

Anonymous said...

Such great thoughts.
I'm in.

Love you tons.

Cace

Anonymous said...

WHAT GREAT WORD FIXING UPON THE BUEATY OF GODS FACE. THIS IS SO AWESOME WHEN WE TAKE TIME TO DO THIS IT SURE MAKES THE WORK DAY SO BRIGHTER AND THE DESTRACTION OF ALL THAT GOES ON INTO PERSPECTIVE. GOOD BLOG TODAY YOUR FRIEND ALWAYS
DAN BLESSING TO DEB ALSO

Jennifer said...

we are on the same page here... love you.