Monday, March 17, 2008

Coming Soon!

My plan is to post a series on Leadership soon. With 27 years as an officer, I've had plenty of time to work through and develop a philosophy of leadership that works well. However, more than just my own ideas, I want to specifically offer some biblical direction in this area.

"Why use the Bible as a leadership resource?" you may ask. To which I would respond- "The Bible should be used as our resource for everything we do. Perhaps we should be reading the Bible more in place of all the recent flood of leadership books for businesses that are clambering for our attention. After all we are NOT a business. We are a church!"

I am tempted to start right now, but to make sure I don't climb up on my soapbox, I'll take my time. Now to whet your appetite, here are some of the aspects of leadership I may be taking on in the days ahead:

Apostle versus Administrator as Leader
TSA is a Church NOT a Business
Creating an Atmosphere of Trust
Equality or Fairness?
The Leader and Respect
Leadership by Example
Leading a Team
Who Leads TSA?

There may be more (I have a few other thoughts still banging around between my ears), but this will certainly get us started.

Switching subjects for a moment, I'm heading to The War College in Vancouver, Canada for a week starting this Saturday (March 22-29). I'll be teaching Spiritual Warfare, Spending time in Prayer Ministry, counseling, encouraging, moving in Power Ministry, breaking down spiritual barriers and mindsets, etc. I would appreciate your prayer covering because the Enemy fights extra hard when he gets backed into a corner.

Please pray for my protection, health (especially my throat- LOTS of talking!), wisdom, authority over the Enemy. Pray that eyes will be opened, minds will expand, Holy Spirit will direct everything and be allowed to move at his will. Pray that warriors will be developed and encouraged, long-standing hindrances to ministry will be demolished- you know- the kinds of things that always take place at The War College!

I'll try to keep you posted on my exploits, although I can make no promises. Things have changed a bit since my last trip and I'm not really sure what it will all look like this time around. Except that victory will be the lowest common denominator!

2 comments:

jsi said...

Your topics sound compelling and rich with opportunity for length of teaching, instruction and growth.
I am praying for you right now.

Larry said...

doug,

praying for you...you are so right..we are not a business....i have often found it ironic that we use christian management as a term...i wonder what would happen if we allowed the holy spirit to manage us and just used basic stewardship principles to guide us in our daily "business"