Thursday, December 15, 2005

Scrooge is Alive and Well . . .

I'm sitting here irritated and a bit confused. I just had a lady come into my office and complain because the checkout clerk at our Family Store asked if she would like to donate a dollar to buy a Paper Kettle. Apparently, she has recently given toys and often shops at our store, so she thought it was too much to ask for another buck. This actually bothered her enough to go out of her way to travel to our other office to bring this complaint to "the Captain."

Well, I tried to be understanding, but if you've read any of my blogs and/or listened to my sermons lately, you'll know I was quite irritated at her irritation! I had little sympathy. No, strike that- I had no sympathy! I was nice and thanked her for her other help, but inside I wanted to get up and shout at her:
"Are you kidding?! You're angry because we asked you for a buck? Let me tell you about some people who wish they had a buck to give!"
I guess Scrooge is alive and well and living too close for my comfort. {sigh}

1 comment:

Gideon son of Joash said...

Don't worry about scrooge. He gets his visitations by the three ghosts...but I'm not sure if thats such a good thing now.