Sunday, July 29, 2007

No Problem: Gene's Praying

There's a series of commercials from an account temp agency that feature the ultimate employee- "Bob." Apparently Bob can handle ANY job and makes even the best employee cringe that he is around their office. I've laughed over the years as I've heard of Bob's exploits in the office world. I missed them while I was in Maine, but with our move to Rhode Island we're back in their business area again. "No problem: Bob's here!"

I spotted Gene Bragg at the back of the OOB pavilion this morning. I wanted to say HI, so I moved back to see him. After a few words of greeting, he told me "I'm praying early every day for you and Debbie."

That's certainly nice to hear, but immediately after those words uttered by Gene, God spoke to my spirit and said: "THAT'S why you both have been so calm in the midst of your current situation. Gene's praying for you."

Just so you know- Gene's a powerful intercessor. We discovered that during our last 7 years in Bangor. When Gene prays, things happen because God listens. Of this there was NO doubt in my mind. Now if that's possible, after God's word to me, I am even MORE confident!

Now I don't want to ignore that fact that there are a LOT of people praying specifically for us right now. We count on you all and appreciate EVERY prayer that goes up on our behalf. You're ALL awesome. I'm just telling you what God told me.

Now Debbie & I know exactly why we've been so incredibly calm in the midst of things that SHOULD be making us "crazy." Gene's praying.

Thanks Gene for your daily prayer support. We will be eternally grateful.

No comments: