Saturday, June 03, 2006

I Can no More be Careless

Some of you will remember I mentioned a similar book I read recently about hell. That author got me thinking and I followed up on some of his references which led me to this book. I could hardly put it down.

The author's style is not deep, but it is certainly easy to read in a simple format. If you're interested in getting the book, click on the picture.

What I believe most important about any study on hell, is that we need to somehow catch a glimpse of its reality. If hell exists as Christianity teaches, then it must be the most awful, terrifying, horrible place. And to think people are (and will be) stuck there for eternity in constant torment! Because this thought is almost too much for us to bear, we ignore hell.

But Jesus spoke a lot about hell, so it must be real and we must realize how very important our job of helping him keep people from going there. He gave his all to keep people from hell. What are we doing about it?

I tell you, I have a fresh desire to do what I can to help Jesus. And what do you know- it just so happens to be the mission of The Salvation Army:

Too long at ease in Zion

I've been content to dwell,

While multitudes are dying

And sinking into Hell.

I can no more be careless,

And say there's naught to do,

The fields are white to harvest

And laborers are few.


#482, Song Book of The Salvation Army

No comments: