Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Favorite Worship Leaders, Part 2

Here pictured is Jason Upton, an incredible worshiper! I'm not as font of his music as I am of some of the others I'll be mentioning here, but I'm not critiquing music anyway- I'm talking about those leaders who bring us into God's presence by their anointing in worship. So I can't go any further without mentioning him.

I first experienced Jason Upton, like Lindell Cooley, at a conference I attended a few years ago. Also like Lindell, I have been collecting Jason's music ever since. Come to think of it, whenever I discover a worship leader that is powerfully anointed for worship, I seek out his/her music. I guess it's my M.O. (motis operandi) and why the size of my Worship CD collection has grown!

I feel Jason's music has a distinct flavor of seriousness. Unlike some others who get my feet tapping and my hands drumming (both styles are equally valuable and good), I must be on my face while listening to Jason Upton. I assume it's not the case with all of his music, just my thoughts at the moment.

If you'd like to read more about him, check out some Bio info at
http://www.worshiptogether.com/features/worship.aspx?iid=216451.

The most amazing story I can tell you about Jason Upton, actually comes on the CD sleeve of his album, Remember (my favorite and pictured below). I'll quote it directly here:

"There is no explanation for the last song, Fly, except that during the 'do you see what I see' portion you will hear a soaring voice over the top of the other voices (6 minutes and 11 seconds into this section). At first we thought it was an ambient microphone picking up an overtone. During mixing all of the channels were searched and we found that this "boys choir" type voice was not on any of the other microphones, but was bleeding through my own microphone (which would make it impossible for it to be an overtone because it was not present on any of the other open microphones). If you listen carefully you will hear it again later in this section; it's not quite as clear because, unfortunately, my voice is prominent on that microphone. Interestingly, a boy came up to me that night and told me that he saw an angel standing about fifteen feet behind me . . . and another one behind the drummer. At that time I doubted that; but after hearing the 'voice' alone during the mixing process with no other instruments around it, I do not doubt it any more. It was very humbling and convicting for me to realize that I had not believed the boy. I sometimes wrestle with why I so often disbelieve the supernatural (why would I first think it was something natural like an overtone, instead of believing it was an angel). The Bible tells us that we should not be surprised by angelic visitations; but I must admit, I was surprised!"

Any question of a powerful anointing on Jason Upton now?

I currently have 5 of his albums (although Jenn fights me for them whenever she's home!). If you'd like to listen or purchase some of Jason Upton's CDs, you can check them out on worshipmusic.com as follows:
http://www.worshipmusic.com/jason-upton.html.

Please listen and tell me what you think.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I love JU's music. Its a must for me when I'm in the War Room...usually on my face, as well!

sixonefour said...

Yah yah, we're big ju fans over here in Charlotte. I appreciate that he worships on CD just as though he were in his own prayer closet. it's not showy/flashy whatever.
PTL.

Jennifer said...

I believe I have actually most of Jason's CD's because of you Dad..ha

Love ya.

Esther said...

I'm always looking for music that uplifts. Thanks for the insight on Jason... I just might get one of his cd's. Oh, I'm here... blogging. New at this - kinda. But I linked you on my page so that others can be as blessed by what you say as I am. Be good!