Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Favorite Worship Leaders, Part 3

The worship leader I have most listened to over the years is Scott Underwood (apparently there is another singer named Scott Underwood, so know we're talking about the Scott Underwood associated with Jesus and The Vineyard).

Scott is probably the first worship leader I ever "noticed," but was frustrated in finding his music because Vineyard only used him in combination with other worship leaders on their CDs for so long. I believe there is 1 album of his (I don't own) titled: Take My Life, but just recently they released his second entire CD of his own: Tear Stained Eyes.

I like Scott's music so much, I actually compiled and burned 2 complete CDs of just his music which I've been listening to for years.

Immediately, you'll notice Scott's special anointing when you listen to his stuff- it almost seems God is in the very first notes! He's got a strong rock feel to most of his music, which I like a LOT. However i
t was a sad day when I discovered his penchant for country music. Every now and then, you get the distinct flavor of country popping up, but because of the strong anointing, I can actually listen to it and enjoy it (mostly)! Even the tunes that are totally country (although thankfully, there are only a couple). {sigh}

Check out his web site at
http://www.scottunderwood.org/. It's set up very cool. I think you'll enjoy it.

You can go to worshipmusic.com to check out some albums he's on.
http://www.worshipmusic.com/scottunderwood.html. I would especially recommend It's All About Jesus (extremely worshipful) and Shelter (if you like jazz/rock his first cut Hop on the Bus is incredibly fun!).

I've been recommending Scott Underwood as a worship leader for years, so listen up and let me know what you think about him.

No comments: