Thursday, April 26, 2007

AAUUGGHH!!

Yesterday was a bad day for me. As many of you know, I'm preparing for a prostate procedure this Saturday. There's been some confusion regarding the insurance coverage and suffice it to say after a few long conversations (one tough one in person at the doctor's office), we'll hit our stop/loss, meaning we're going to have to put out a LOT of money (The Burr family has only done this once- many years ago and it was a much lower limit back then).

This whole realization was coming to a head about the time I sat at another doctor's office. I was being walked through my preparation for the procedure three days away. I don't believe the volume of medicines I have to take over the next 3 months! Top that off with the follow up I have to go through . . . well you get the picture.

Like I said- yesterday was a bad day for me. It's now morning and I don't feel a whole lot better. I'm not sure the outlook is any better for the next few days.

I'm not looking for pity. What I am looking for is prayer support. I'm "bummed" right now about the cost and a lot concerned about the procedure. There are possible complications and all else that goes with such medical work.

Pray for great success, quick healing and recovery, my spirit and my attitude. Thanx.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

doug,
the song comes to mind leaning on the everlasting arm of Jesus. this will have to be what you do for saturday and the next months lean heavy on Him foe you strength I am also praying for a complete healing and a great opputunity for a whitness of his great healing powers, dan larcombe

jeff said...

I'm praying for you Doug. Turn the whole thing over to the Holy spirit, you know he's the one in charge of you. I'm not going to throw a bunch of be anxious for nothing scripture at you, because its easy to say, but not always easy to live with. But I have a really good feeling in my spirit right now for you. And as for the money, take it from someone that lives on the edge and below the edge with Jesus. He always always always comes through when we love him, like I know you and your family do. Bless you friend. We're all out her praying for you. God is good. Focus on His love for you.

jeff said...

God bless you and comfort you tomorrow (Saturday) Doug. Praying for you.

Jim Knaggs said...

We're praying for you as well.