Friday, April 13, 2007

No Cancer!

I just got back from my doctor's report on my biopsy and it was NEGATIVE! Meaning I have NO cancer. Whew. I do have to have a procedure to take care of an enlarged prostate, but it's a relatively simple office appointment (and a few weeks recovery) that is obviously a whole lot easier to deal with than cancer.

I really wasn't a bit nervous or concerned at all right up until we headed to the doctor's office for the report today. But the closer we got, the more "concerned" I got! I should have had a lunch that was a bit easier on my stomach! I was very pleased when Debbie said she was going with me and even offered to drive (now THAT truly means she loves me)!

I know many of you were praying for me and I appreciate that very much. I believe prayer changes things and based on some things that happened prior to today (there was plenty of spiritual warfare going on over this one), I believe your prayers changed my outcome. Some may believe it a coincidence, but I believe God just chose to remain anonymous (eg: a God-incidence)! Please continue praying for the next few weeks that everything continues to go well with no complications, et al.

5 comments:

kathryn said...

that's fantastic news, Doug!!! I'll keep you in my prayers.

jeff said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you don't have cancer, but now that you have a positive outcome I would like to go back to a comment you made in your blog entry on March 15th - "I won't let the enemy talk me into any sickness" - this appears to me to be thinking along the lines of the health and wealth gospel preached by the likes of Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn etc. Do you believe that Christians that suffer illness do so because the enemy talks them into it? Perhaps I am interpreting you wrongly - I hope so.

Seeker of The Light said...

Anon: To answer your question- ALL sickness is in this world because of sin. God did not create sickness; it was not in his design. It came about by Satan and humankind working together to twist God's creation into something it was not meant to be.

Even though sickness happens to us now and then (because of the Fall), God still doesn't want us to be sick. Satan certainly does- he wants the worst for us; he wants us to suffer and be miserable as often as possible.

While it's not always the explanation, I believe there are times when Satan essentially "talks us into being sick." We agree with him and accept the sickness (The flu? Why yes. Thank-you very much).

There really is something to the power of positive thinking (a la Dr Peale). Indeed Scripture points us toward thinking about whatever is good.

Just because sickness is an option for me in any given situation, I choose not to accept it (as often as possible). Realistically, there are times when I just give in and accept it- sometimes without even thinking about it- I just kind of fall back on past experience.

On the other hand, sometimes you fight and fight and STILL end up getting sick. You know- I WISH I really understood the whole sickness issue!

Bottom line: I choose to believe we can fight off sickness. I win a lot more often than if I chose to believe I couldn't.

On a side note, it sounds to me like you're against Kenneth Copeland and Benny Hinn's ministries ("the likes of"). While I don't agree with everything they teach, they are the servants of my Master. I sure wish I could impact the Kingdom as significantly as they do.

I seem to recall a man named David who did some pretty terrible things in his day. Yet God loved him and promoted him as a man after God's own heart. Nothing as bad as teaching "Health and Wealth," mind you . . .

As much as I dislike the "Prosperity Gospel" as it is often preached, I have to admit there is plenty of evidence in Scripture to support much of what they teach (read the end of Job lately?).

Like the proverbial baby and the bathwater, we should not throw out a seed of God's truth even when we find it in a pile of dirt, because all truth is God's truth.

Seeker of The Light said...

Hey- Debbie pointed out that I got my good news on Friday the 13th! I never even thought about that. Imagine what it might have been like for a non-Christian to have to go get test results for a biopsy on that day. Talk about the benefits of being a Christian!

Praise the Lord again!