Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Blog Bog

Many of you have noticed my lack of blogging for some time now. It's unusual for me- especially after more than a year of daily entries, no matter what I was doing or where I was. I had hoped I'd be over this by now, but since I'm obviously not, I figure I ought to let you in on what's going on.

There's been a change that has affected me at a very deep spiritual level. I'm doing my best to overcome, but the effect is my writings are tending toward the negative. When that happens, I just hit delete or don't even start in the first place.

The last thing I want to do on this blog is be negative- that's not my purpose in blogging. I don't want to complain or cry "woe is me!" either, so the answer I have come up with for now is to not write at all- or at least, much less frequently.

I'm not happy with that temporary solution, but at least now you know what's going on. I am sure there is a positive solution and I will get to it eventually, but I'm also sure I need to do the work to get through it. It's just taking a lot longer than I would have imagined. Your prayers would be welcomed.

Below I offer the scripture passage God keeps sending me to. It speaks to me almost constantly and I recently read through it in the Message version which really wowed me!

Read it carefully. Don't bleep over it like we often do with passages we know well. God is in the savoring of scripture. In fact, it's a bit like honey (I would've said chocolate) when we lick it all up and relish it!

Psalm 91

You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai [The Almighty]'s shadow, 2 Say this:

"God, you're my refuge. I trust in you and I'm safe!"

3 That's right- he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards. 4 His huge outstretched arms protect you- under them you're perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm.

5 Fear nothing- not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day, 6 Not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon.

7 Even though others succumb all around, drop like flies right and left, no harm will even graze you. 8 You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance, watch the wicked turn into corpses.

9 Yes, because God's your refuge, the High God your very own home, 10 Evil can't get close to you, harm can't get through the door. 11 He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go. 12 If you stumble, they'll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling. 13 You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes, and kick strong lions and serpents from the path.

14 "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me.

15 Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. 16 I'll give you a long life with a long drink of salvation!"

4 comments:

sixonefour said...

I remember when you prayed this over our Death and Glory session back in the day. It worked then ...

Love Rob

Seeker of The Light said...

You know what? This is an attack! Not one from Satan, but from a person. I haven't thought about it this way before, so I've been fighting it the wrong way.

Another new insight I've gained on the subject! Before you know it, I'm going to whup this thing and put it in its place! Hallelujah!

kathryn said...

i'll be in prayer for you, Doug. This Psalm you have shared here, thank you for that. I read it carefully and i love how it is worded. I don't know what it is that you are up against, i don't need to know. I will pray. By the way, I never thought that your blog was negative. I appreciate your help and guidance more than you could ever know. Thank you.

Seeker of The Light said...

Yeah- it's not been negative, because I've not blogged that stuff! But there are times when I really want to get it all out.

Blogging/writing helps me focus my thoughts and I've used it now and then to do that about a particular subject. But there are times when this forum is not appropriate for what I happen to be wrestling with.