Sunday, July 30, 2006

The OOB Pier Ministry

Last night's pier ministry in OOB was incredible! I have never been so excited at the response and the results. Here's a run down of the evening.

This year from the very beginning, the Enemy has been fighting hard against the plans. Since my brother is in charge of organizing it all, I've heard of some of the issues that have arisen- all attempting to quash God's plan to reach the people. You already know about Jenn & Josh's troubles- not even getting there! Well, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

So as we are finishing setup, everything seemed to be going along nicely, except there was no electricity! Ah, microphones, music, lights . . . you get the picture, so we're all praying for that to get worked out. Then in the midst of high heat and humidity, there comes a wonderful cool breeze- not sweeping in from the ocean, but the other direction! We took that as a prophetic sign that God was sending the cool wind of his Spirit! Shortly after that, electricity was on and the program started. Actually, the program had already started in the Spiritual Readings (prayer) tent!

People started coming for prayer immediately and lined up at times. Groups were crowding around to hear what was being said to the "prayees." Eventually, the prayer team broke into 2 groups to be able to get everyone in. God was speaking powerfully into people through The War College team. I tried to contribute, but God wasn't giving me anything. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Not taking that hard, rather that God had something else for me to do, I started bringing people over to receive prayer.

Many of the people coming in for prayer were non-Christian, but I would say a good percentage were young Salvo teens and young adults. It was incredible to see what God was saying to them and I loved their countenance after they were finished! One person, after a long prayer session, stayed and joined the team! That one wasn't just watching, but actually praying and hitting it right on the head. That person was hearing from God BIG time!

The other aspects of the ministry were exceptional as well- including CAST, the Cornwolfs, testimonies, dances, skits, etc. performed by a variety of Salvos. There was a good sized crowd around at all times, enjoying themselves and hearing the Gospel. I am told 4 people accepted Christ and many others were touched enough to put their names down for prayer and/or future contact.

I gotta tell you, this is the first time I have ever wished I wasn't heading home on SonDay evening! I wish I could get to that pier every night and be a part of what God is doing. Watch this space- I believe there will be awesome results from this incredible ministry the rest of the week.

By the way, these kind of results are in no small way reflective of the 24/7 prayer ministry that is a HUGE part of OOB this year. Many people are getting involved there and seeing fantastic results . . . which is one of those DUH things. If you pray, OF COURSE God is going to answer and show you his power. DUH! I love my time in the prayer trailer. Or as SC would call it- The War Room!

God is awesome!

2 comments:

kathryn said...

so wonderful to read of the great things God has done, is doing there, Doug!

Denise said...

I don't know, I thought Sunday's AM meeting was pretty lively. Who cares if its not upbeat like the pier...the spirit was definitely livening things up!