Saturday, June 09, 2007

My Heavenly Father. I Get it.

After God powerfully showing his Father's love for us last SonDay, this week He has continued to reiterate that truth with many of us especially in a couple of prayer sessions. It has been incredible! As a father, my father's heart has been warmed repeatedly and challenged to show God's fatherly love through my own actions and words (I've given a LOT of father hugs). I've also been challenged to welcome another spiritual daughter in my life- more about that in a future blog.

My own father has been visiting us this week (here for my son's graduation) and his presence has reminded me of how blessed I am to have such a father- one who has always been a wonderful example of what God's father-love is all about. There are many people who have had poor examples of what a father should be. They have experienced criticism, fear, pain, etc. and because of their experience, that is the only way they know how to understand a father. So when God says "I am your heavenly father," they don't take that as a good thing. How my father's heart breaks for them!

Father's day is coming next week. I will be blessed with a few cards and some reminders of my example of a father's love to a special few in my life. I will remember my own father again, and thank him for his example (and God for giving me that father). I also want to thank God again and again for not only showing me what a true example of a father is through my earthly father, but for being that true example as my heavenly father- he has always been faithful, encouraging, loving, strong, accepting and much more!

My heavenly "father." I get it.

I hope you do too.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

i am starting to get it more and more! thanks for the hugs!!

Seeker of The Light said...

Awesome! I'm beginning to see it in you too.

BTW, hugs are a part of it all . . . they're unlimited AND free!

sixonefour said...

great blog dad.