Saturday, June 23, 2007

Standing Under the Waterfall of God's Grace

I've been training Stephanie in Deliverance and Inner Healing since she's been in Bangor. We haven't had a lot of time, since we're moving, so God has had her on a serious fast-track! She's gone through multiple prayer sessions (thanks Denise!), we've talked a LOT and she's been voraciously reading through my library (can you believe I'm actually letting her return a few of my books AFTER we move? Now that's trust!).

I believe Stephanie is gifted for this ministry as I am. It's obvious that God is working in her to move her along quickly. In fact, as I learn more of her history, I see where God has been working on her for a long time to prepare her for a deliverance ministry.

So the other day I figure it's time she "flies solo" and leads a session with me. No problem- she was ready! Mary joined us this time as we sat in our corps chapel.

That morning as I spoke with God, I learned ahead of time what my prayer session would be about- my anxiousness about our move. I won't go into details, just let you know I've been wanting to control things and that's just what I can't do, since I have no say or knowledge of what's coming. And this session was very helpful, since Jesus had me let go of my anxiousness and desire to control my situation.

When I finally dropped it all over a cliff, it shattered on a rock far below and a waterfall began to flow down and wash it away. God had Mary share that I should stand under that waterfall. As I did, I learned that it was God's grace! So I stood there for awhile and soaked up everything I could.

I'm still standing there.

And God is still showering me with his grace.

That, I can deal with!

2 comments:

Christin ><> said...

hallelujah! Praise God that he's raising up Steph for this minstry!

Aurora said...

praise the LORD! Enjoy the freedom of His grace! May YAHWEH shower you in it more abundantly as you step into your new roles!