Friday, June 15, 2007

Stephanie Burr

As many of you know, Stephanie is our War College intern this summer in Bangor. While I was in Vancouver teaching in January, I heard from God that she was the one who should come and I was pleased when the staff agreed and was able to work that out. Each year God has sent us great students and Bangor has benefited greatly from their ministry with us.

Almost a month ago, as Denise and I were driving Stephanie to Bangor from the airport, I started hearing Stephanie was to be even more special.

Not too long after that, I sensed I was to "adopt" her. Now Stephanie already has a father and I'm not looking to replace him- however God wants me to provide a spiritual covering, a mentoring, a fatherly blessing. But I hadn't known Stephanie very long. I wondered how would she take that news. Even so, I knew if God wanted it, He would work out the timing and details.

So the other day we were chatting about the day they officially announced she would come to Bangor. She said that day, God told her she was coming to Bangor and that He had a father for her in that. When she spoke those words, I knew immediately God had given me the confirmation I needed! So when I brought it up, she was totally on the same page as I was.

So yesterday, we cemented our new relationship as father and daughter. I look forward to what it will bring us both and how God will bless others through this spiritual connection. I pray I will be able to live up to what God is asking of me.

Welcome to the Burr family, Stephanie! You've got a new brother (Chris) and two sisters (Jenn & Heather) already, but at the rate God is working in my life- that could just be the beginning!

Oh and I almost forgot your new brother Winfield.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

yay! winfield too?! i am very excited to be part of the family! i'm going to miss you guys...

Alberta Rockstar said...

whoa so i have caught up on ur bloggings since i have been gone! amazing stuff! wow your sunday about God love sounds amazing! praise the Lord! i miss you a lot but im glad im here and im glad things are going well in bangor! i love you!

Anonymous said...

Not to mention a brother in law!!!

I can't believe the cat got in the blog before me. ha

Josh