Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I Need God

I read a daily devotional booklet called "Indeed," by Walk Thru The Bible. Today's devo was pretty powerful for me. Check it out:

"The way to get to know God is not through intellectual inquiry or self-righteous behaviour, but through humility and a still, quiet soul. That has always been the case."

I read this after I had spent a long time just sitting quietly soaking in God's presence. And his presence was powerfully on me today- still is; I can actually feel it! Man, I need it. I've been going through one of those "dark nights of the soul;" a "brass heaven" season. Problem is, I've not necessarily been doing the things I need to do to stay as close as I should have during said time! Know what I mean?

Good thing God understands our foibles. I'd have certainly been tossed aside long ago if he was looking for me to be more intellectual or self-righteous. I screw up more often than not!

"God cannot be figured out, only needed."

I need God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a foible???????? UGH SO MANY BIG WORDS!

Anonymous said...

foi·ble (foi“b…l) n. 1. A minor weakness or failing of character.