Sunday, December 26, 2004

There's Victory for me!

While I'm on the topic of fighting (and being victorious), I want to share an encouraging song from our Songbook heritage. We sang it just this morning in our meeting and was again reminded of its powerful message: We don't have to live under the thumb of sin! Praise our Lord!

There's Victory for me!

1. Why should I be a slave to sin,
To foes without or foes within?
Sometimes I mount, sometimes cast down,
Sometimes all smile, sometimes all frown.

Chorus: There’s victory for me! There’s victory for me!
Through the blood of the Lamb there is victory for me;
He came to set his people free
And give them perfect victory.


2. Sin will abound till grace comes in,
Then grace shall triumph over sin;
Just now, dear Saviour. let it be,
Now give me perfect victory.

3. Be thou my strength, be thou my all,
Then surely I shall never fall;
If none can pluck me from thy hand,
I more than conqueror shall stand.

4. ’Tis true I have no room to boast;
When most I’m saved I’m humbled most;
Kept low by grace, and not by sin,
My soul shall make her boast in him.

- William Baugh (1852-1942)

No comments: