Wednesday, December 29, 2004

It's Revelation or Nothing

I wish my brain worked like God intended it to work (I know, I'm going to get lots of comments about that one!). I wish I used more than a measly 10th of its capacity. Darn The Fall and our loss because of it! We think we understand so much, but it all boils down to the fact that when it comes to God's Kingdom, we only understand what he has chosen to make known to us. It's revelation or nothing.

I can rationalize, theorize and speculate all I want, but until God touches my brain with his truth, I might as well be entertaining myself with play-dough. By itself (in its current state) my brain doesn't even have the ability to grasp the basics of spiritual issues. I'm in sad shape! How can I possibly teach others?

God told Isaiah to tell the people, "You will hear my words, but you will not understand. You will see what I do, but you will not perceive its meaning." What a bummer!

I can lecture, argue and debate until I'm blue in the face, but other people are not going to understand my spiritual ramblings unless (or until) the Holy Spirit chooses to enlighten them.

Therefore, I must pray for them. I must pray that the Holy Spirit will open minds; open eyes and open ears- as I do with each entry in this blog; as I do with each sermon I prepare; with each person I talk to. As I do for myself!

O Lord! Give us revelation. Give us the priveledge to see the lightbulb go off over people's heads.

No comments: