Sunday, January 28, 2007

Did You Know Jesus Can Play Basketball?

I'm back home in Bangor now, but I've got so much to say about my visit to The War College, I'm not sure how I can possibly cram it all in here! I'll probably miss half of it, but I'll try my best to share in the next few days. I've even been energized to blog more, so maybe you'll see me get back to the daily blogging I did for over a year straight. Hope you can handle it all (heh, heh).

Each War College session seems to take on a "personality" of its own. I discovered this one's quite by accident during my prayer ministry times. Not all, but many students had a very similar experience with Jesus: he had them stop "running" around and sit with him. That was the gist. In fact one student spent the entire hour doing nothing, but sitting with Jesus- together watching a sunset. At one point, they were heard to mumble to those supporting her in the prayer time: "I'm sorry, guys, that nothing more exciting is happening!" But I wasn't sorry at all. Sitting with Jesus tends to "radiate" his awesome presence to everyone in the room- at least I get that wonderful sense of God's presence and can sit there as long as Jesus wants to!

So I gather this session of students is very industrious! Perhaps almost too much? If you want to see my thoughts on "Being Over Doing," you can look back to my Saturday, August 12, 2006 Blog entry. I had to remind quite a few of this truth this year.

Here's a great personal testimony of one of my prayer ministry times. I got permission to give you this reference to Lisa's Blog where she talks about her experience. I was again pleased we were meeting in the War Room, so such a deliverance like this was easy and painless! Actually, we had quite a bit of fun playing basketball and such. Lisa (who started out the most nervous of anyone this year) found out Jesus can play basketball BIG time!

I praise God for his deliverance! It is available to anyone who wants it and I have been witness to dozens and dozens of such times of prayer and victory. Why should we let demons mess with us anyway?

Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was i really the most nervous?? thats funny. dont take it personally... i am nervous with stuff like that alot. and yes, Jesus can play!!!! dont ever take him on in a 1 on 1 situation!!!