Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The War College Sessions (Vancouver)

I thought it would be fun to put the pictures of all The War College (Vancouver) sessions up in one place. These are the pictures I had taken during my last class each year out in the back alley. NO WAY am I going to try to name everyone (but I bet I'd do pretty well anyway- especially since some of these people have become friends and family over the years). There are some great memories here! And more memories than pictures, because not everyone was available for the picture {sigh}. Notice how the graffiti changes every year!

Death and Glory, 2004
Of special note: My daughter Jenn, my adopted daughter Heather, my "wish she was my daughter" Acacia, Bangor Scholarship recipient Sam, Bangor intern Jon . . . uh this isn't going to work- they're ALL special and I said I wasn't going to name them all!











Martyrs, 2005
Of special note: My son-in-law Josh, my "wish she was my daughter" Baracah, Bangor scholarship recipient Linsey, Bangor Interns Travis and Aurora.










Holy, 2006
Of special note: Sister of my son-in-law Kirsten (the homie), Bangor interns Joel and Denise.











Revolutionaries, 2007
Of special note: Uh, still working on that, but I'm sure a few will rise to the occasion!













So there you have it. Doesn't it look like they're all having so much fun (except for Rob, in the top picture. But he really was smiling inside)?

If you're interested in attending, go to their web site and check things out. Canada not your thing? That's okay, there's a War College in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA and a couple of others in the works for the near future (Africa, Australia, etc).

Hallelujah!

8 comments:

kathryn said...

all great pics!!!!! i feel very removed from TSA. . still, i love to see evidence of its fruitful activity.

Anonymous said...

ohhh pick me for your adopted daughter out of the revolution session.... ppppllllleeeeeaaaasssseeee doug! u know u want to!!!

blessings,
Lisa

Andrew said...

ah the holies... what a beautiful bunch...

Anonymous said...

maybe someday i will be a special note. of course, i would probably have to get back into reading blogs...and i think that would be fun. and maybe someday back into writing blogs.

Seeker of The Light said...

Lisa: I'm not intentionally picking people from sessions to "adopt." :)

Heather was a "God thing" and those endearing Wulfing girls just grew into my heart!

Anon: See now I was afraid someone would respond that way. :( I SAID they're ALL special to me, but I have to keep things short so Travis will read them! LOL

Maybe some day I will write a note about everyone and how special they are to me . . .

KiR said...

I really don't know what I was doing. If I knew I looked like that I would not have made that pose. Ha!

Seeker of The Light said...

Kirsten: I've seen some of the pictures your family takes. Compared to some of them, this one's mild! :)

Seeker of The Light said...

Oh and this picture is the better of the two we took. You should see you in THAT one! :)