Monday, September 12, 2005

Touching the Vision


Driving down Newman Springs Road, I squinted and hid behind my sun visor because the sun was blinding. Still, my eyes were unblinking as I waited for my first glimpse of the new Red Bank corps building coming up any second on our right. There was traffic all around us on that busy road, but they'd just have to be patient, because it took me a few extra seconds to pull into the driveway while watching both the road and the beautiful building that had just come into view. It was hard to take my eyes off it. Great job Captain John!

Wow! It is almost exactly as I had imagined it would look! The hardest part of our visit was getting a few moments alone to take it all in, because the instant we got out of the car the wonderful people of greater Red Bank swamped us with their excitement to see us! We haven't seen some of these people in over five years! That's way too long for some of the best Advisory Board members in the whole country. Not to mention some of the best youth and corps members and employees as well!

As exciting as seeing the building a reality and touching the walls (to make sure I wasn't dreaming), seeing the people was even better. There were five kids (more?) we knew from Red Bank in the divisional youth band and timbrels! That's exciting to know your successors have continued their influence. The Army will be so much better for their involvement. There's nothing more important than the people.

With that said, seeing something so important to The Kingdom that was birthed in your spirit come into fruition, is very satisfying. I truly believe this is just the first step of a much larger plan for The Army in Red Bank. You go, Red Bank! Fill that place with new people! Get them saved and fighting beside you!

It is obvious to me that God is still very much concerned with The Army's ministry in greater Red Bank. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

you really are excited about this, arent you?