Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Holy Session

Okay. I'm home and I've begun the task of finding my desk under the mail, vouchers and other things I need to do- yesterday. But I'm not even close to settling back into my own time zone. Rough night. {sigh}

So much happened in the last couple of weeks while I was in Vancouver! Herein I begin the process of fulfilling my promise to let you know what happened while I was away at The War College.

First, I introduce you to the Holy Session:

Let's see if I can actually name everyone pictured (L-R): Philip, Joshua, Juan(ito- fixing his "hair"), Ashley, Joe, Jenea, Joel, ME, Kirsten (the homie), Katie, Kath, Andrew, Olivia (okay, I already knew this one!), Crystal, Denise, Andrea, Melissa, Jacynta (Purple), Jill, Craig, Kirsty, Anthony, Roro(row your boat)/Rebecah, Andy (with the tongue), Dan and Darren (honorary sessioner?). I'm missing Matthew and maybe another one or two who weren't there when we took the picture. Whew! I THINK I did it (we'll see if I get any comments with a correction)!

As you can see, they're a lively bunch! This is actually the better of the two pictures we took. The other, has even more of them figiting and doing things generally considered weird by the rest of the world . . .

As previously mentioned, I had less time to get to know this group, but they quickly endeared themselves, by hanging around WAY after class, asking questions and chatting about things. I had lunch with a few, hung out with a couple and had great, productive prayer ministry with them all! Well, we did miss one or two because of sessions going extra long or one forgetting their scheduled time (don't worry- I won't mention any names, Juan). In fact, I dare say there are a few wider smiles, because of their productive prayer sessions!
Don't you just want to pinch their cheeks?

Take a good look, because this is a group God has anointed powerfully for spreading his love around the world. I'll tell you more about them and our time together over the course of the next few days.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Doug - In the words of Crytal Myers: "thank you a lot, that's really nice of you." You said some nice things and got every name in the picture correct(you did mention Katie twice though...must be a countenance thing!!!), well done! Katie, Crystal and I(we are sitting here together) thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your ministry, vision and dedication to the use of your giftings. PTL for Doug Burr!! Blessings.

Denise said...

My bad - you missed Ashley!! She's beside Jenea. But you can always edit and delete this comment...then no one will know!! Oh the world of technology! ;)

Dave C said...

Welcome back Doug! Hope to hear of your experiance at Officer's Retreat in March. See you soon.

In His Grip,
Dave Collins

Seeker of The Light said...

OK, got it now- I typed the name Katie twice, the first time for Ashley. Too many names to fit into the puzzle, I guess. How could I possibly forget Ashley? Her name's on the palm of God's hand!

Matthew said...

Wow, there was a picture taken and I wasn't in it? Where was I? Sorry that you're not gonna remember my beautiful face or the fact that my pants fall down alot everytime you look at that picture!
But yeah, PTL for you Doug Burr...you were awesome. I enjoyed every moment you were here!