Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rise Above it

After a crazy long day of travel, I arrived in Vancouver about 1/2 hour ahead of my original schedule. I would have made it a lot earlier, if one of the planes didn't have a necessary repair which took about 2 hours.

What a messy day to travel! I got rained on getting in and off the first plane. The others were covered and the day got better as I got further from the eastern US, where weather patterns were bad everywhere. But as I took off from Bangor, I was reminded visually of a powerful truth:

It was cold, dark, windy and rainy. The storm was making everyone cower on the ground as we tried to protect outselves from the depressing mess. But as the plane rose up through the cloud layers, it got brighter until we broke through it all into the warm, dry, comforting brightness of the sun.

In those moments, God reminded me yet again of his faithfulness. No matter what the circumstances are "on the ground" under the darkness of the enemy's attacks, all you need to do is rise above it all into the brightness of God's never-failing presence.

Don't let yourself be fooled by the enemy's tactics. What he dumps on you, is not the truth. Rise above it and you will see that God has not forsaken you; it is never as bad as it seems. Take your stand against him and he will flee, leaving you- still standing and even more empowered by God's hand on your life.

No comments: