Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Many Questions

As the High Council of The Salvation Army was wrestling with the various questions that will be presented to the soon to be prospective Generals, I was fielding numerous questions from the Holy Session of The War College. I have mentioned before that there are many students this year, but I have not mentioned how inquisitive they are!

I like questions because they generate discussion and discussion helps us all work through our salvation "in fear and trembling." Even though I pride myself in having a good understanding of many spiritual things, I still learn new things from people all the time. And I often learn good stuff from unexpected places (including from students with lots of questions!).

I taught back-to-back class sessions today, since there is a local conference the students are attending Friday. Therefore I'll be in prayer ministry all day Friday from 8 AM to 7 PM! After classes today, I did a couple more prayer ministry sessions which went VERY well. We kicked out more demons and settled some stuff from the past, which is always very cool!

Then in the evening I had an interesting conversation with Danielle (aren't ALL conversations with Danielle "interesting?") about the gift of tongues. I've got some major re-thinking about this topic, so I'll blog more on the subject later. I've already spent some extra time in The Word chatting with Jesus on it!

Looks like I've got "many questions" for Jesus too!

3 comments:

kathryn said...

it sounds like you're busy! I'm glad to read an S.A. blog. . i sometimes read armybarmy blog. . I need to somehow still feel connected, even if only remotely, to the S.A

Seeker of The Light said...

Based on your comments, I'm guessing you're not in Vancouver near Denise? Where are you located? Are you near an Army or do you attend another church?

kathryn said...

i know Denise, but no, i'm not in Vancouver. . i'm in Cambridge, Ontario Canada. . if you're not sure where that is. . its about an hour west of Toronto.

I used to go to Cambridge Citadel corps. . *sigh*. . oh, its a long, sad story. . won't bore you. i've gone to a few local 'meeting-in-a-school-gym' kind of 'churches. . but they're not the army. . not by a long shot. In some ways way better, and in some ways sadly lacking.