Monday, January 23, 2006

Thank God for Sunflower Seeds!

My first full day of teaching/prayer ministry has finished and my thoughts at the moment surround my gratitude for sunfower seeds. Well, not necessarily the seeds themselves, but the salt they are covered in!

If you know me, you know that when I talk for long periods of time, my throat gets sore. So I typically have salted sunflower seeds around to bathe my throat in the healing benefits of salt. By the way, I talked a long time today!

The first class of the session went very well. In fact, I was impressed at the student's interest in continuing the questions and discussion (talking) more than 1/2 an hour beyond class end! And some good healthy discussion at that.

A little after Noon, we went to lunch at the Harborlight (and talked some more) until it was time to go to The Command Center for prayer ministry (1:00-6:00). Granted, much of this time was listening (and sucking on salty seeds!), but when you put it all together I end up needing some voice rest at the end of each day.

We had five very effective prayer sessions today. I was pleased to see God bring freedom to a wide variety of situations, including casting out some demons in a very easy way. The person was not even aware they had done so until I pointed it out to them at the end! Cool!

Tomorrow, it's two teaching sessions (divided by lunch) and three prayer sessions (followed by a private invitation to dinner). I'll be teaching some of my favorite stuff, so I'll certainly need those sunflower seeds!

Thank Good for sunflower seeds!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

i just finished eating 1 hour's worth of salty, sunflower seeds in the shell! cuz that's the best kind. . half the fun of eating them is putting several in your mouth at once, getting all that salt in your mouth. . breaking 1 at a time between your teeth and going on to the next one and the next. . I don't know too many people who like these for a snack! (except Mulder from X-Files!) I too thank God for sunflower seeds!

By the way, I'm Kathy! Denise's friend!! She just added your blog link, so here I am!