Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Warning! LONG Travel Day Ahead!

Right now I should be packing, but as I began to put things together, I ended up by the computer and well, there ya go- it's blog time!

Tomorrow's a L - O - N - G travel day. Fifteen hours from first airport to final airport- not including travel time to and from. To save a buck or two, I decided to fly with 3 layovers. I've never been to Phoenix or Las Vegas (2 of my stops), but I probably won't get to see much as I'm only in each for about an hour. Let's hope the weather in Bangor cooperates, because we're supposed to have a bit of a storm about the time I'm scheduled to be flying to Philadelphia. As you can see, your prayers would be appropriate even to just get me started!

I am reminded of a story I heard from a friend who told me she used to be afraid of flying. When she'd get on the plane, she would hunker down and pray like crazy that God would take care of her and the plane. One day as she was praying hard, the man next to her asked her what she was doing.

"I'm a Christian and I'm praying hard for our safety," she replied.

The man said: "I'm a Christian too, but I just shoot a quick prayer up to God and thank him for always knowing where I am."

They had a wonderful conversation after that and my friend stopped praying like crazy every time she flew, finally understanding God always knows where we are and what's going on.

Good thing he does and we can trust him with our safety wherever we are and whatever we're doing.

No comments: