Thursday, September 21, 2006

Combat Faith

This is a book recommended by Chuck Missler on one of his teaching mp3s I've been listening to lately. I looked it up on AllBookStores.com and thought it sounded like I'd like it. I do!

I've been using it as my devotional book, so I read a chapter most mornings. Mr. Lindsey often talks about "cracking the faith barrier" and reminds us of many biblical instances of God teaching his children to have faith in his leading.

I am learning a lot about faith from his insights and have even gotten a good sermon (so far) from his thoughts. At the moment, I am thinking about today's reading where I highlighted most of the chapter!

Here's a quote:

"The deliverance at the Red Sea has a tremendous application to our lives today. Though the LORD may allow us to be led into a similar impossible situation, His will is that we boldly stand against the odds and claim His promises. When we do, He delivers us.

"In most cases, as soon as we react to a trial with faith in the LORD's promises, He removes it. If He doesn't, then we know that there is some greater lesson He desires to teach us concerning perseverance in faith. Remember that though God's leading may be unexplainable for the moment, His ultimate purpose is to teach us to believe Him so that we may have inner peace, joy and effective service for Him now and great rewards in eternity."

Good stuff, huh (or "good stuff, eh?" for our Canadian friends)?

Without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). Therefore we should all be giving our best efforts to increase our faith. However, it seems God is so interested in developing our faith he "goes out of his way" to provide us with MANY opportunities to do so!

I could write much more based on my thoughts right now, but let's save some for future blogs and not make Travis too uncomfortable with a long blog! {heh, heh}

If you're interested in the book, click the title above (or the picture) to be directed to where you can purchase it. I highly recommend it.

BLESSING:
May you please God with the way your faith is growing. May you choose to believe he is leading no matter what happens in your daily life. May the tough situations you find yourself struggling through only allow God to prove himself you and to those around you, because you stand boldly on his promises and refuse to be defeated. And may God receive all the glory both now and forevermore!

No comments: