Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thanks God!

Over the last week, I observed a friend as he discovered that prayer is all about talking to a friend, not some college elocution professor.

We were praying in my office and when he finished, I said something to the effect of: "Had some trouble there putting all those big words together, huh?" Then we started talking about just regular conversation with God- "you know, like we're talking right now."

At that moment, I watched a large light bulb go off over his head. It was awesome seeing that new understanding light up behind his eyes! He was so excited, he spent the whole week practicing.

This week in my office it was a whole new person speaking when it came time to pray. Nothing fancy, no big words or anything. Just real, live connection with God. It wasn't a long prayer either, but it had a simple power that can grab your attention- it did mine.

Thank-you God for allowing me to witness that. It made my day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sweet deal..