Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Red Book Sessions

I'm listening to the new CD by The Singing Company called "The Red Book Sessions." Nice! Perfect group name; great Album title! The 13 new arrangements are fresh with a variety of interesting contemporary sounds. Keri Shay's strong, pure voice is a highlight for me.

However, I must tell you, after reading the article in YS Magazine about it, even though I wanted to buy it immediately, I couldn't, because they didn't tell you where to get it! Bummer! So I searched the Internet until I found it on ArmyBarmy.com. Cheap as I am and not wanting to pay postage from Canada (since the CD is from the USA), I kept looking, but came up empty. I must admit I was surprised! It MUST be available in the US, so if anyone out there knows where, please let us know.

I assume it will one day be available on www.thesingingcompany.com, but their site is still in development. Check it out anyway and when they do get up and running, you'll want to drop by for sure. Check out their flower logo with the 8 point Army star in the middle (I didn't miss it, guys)!

But until we do know where else to get it, don't wait (I couldn't)- get over to ArmyBarmy and buy it now! Of course if you're not from the USA, shipping is not going to be an issue anyway- buy it from ArmyBarmy and help support their awesome mission.

If you're a Salvo, you will want this album ASAP. Hey, even if you don't bleed Yellow, Red and Blue, you'll still want to get your hands on this one. It's fun, challenging to your spirit and a real blessing to your soul.

BloodNFire!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I really like #3...and the reprise at the end(since they are the same song!).

Seeker of The Light said...

My favorite so far too!

Chenon Times-Rainwater said...

This is put out from the Central Territory isn't it? I believe I know the people that sing on it. But I could be wrong.

Seeker of The Light said...

Yep. Central Territory. The Singing Company names on the CD jacket:

Nate Hood- Electric Guitar, Mandolin
Jonathan Bukiewicz- Bass Guitar
Eric Himes- Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals
Nate Irvine- Drums, Percussion
Keri Shay- Vocals (yea!)
Phil Laeger- Piano, Organ, Accordian, Vocals

Dave C said...

I would just call the Central Trade. I know for uniforms and resources it's "against the rules", but a personal CD should be ok.