Saturday, May 07, 2005

Always be Vigilant

I saw a firsthand example of mankind's sin nature this week. In fact, I'm still in the middle of the reminder. I've just spent the better part of the last 2 days cleaning out spyware and malware from my son's computer. And I'm not done yet! Why anyone would want to sit down and intentionally design programs to attack other people's computers and cause grief is way beyond me. But then, my mind is controlled by the Spirit, so I think of things that are Spirit-led. It would never even occur to me that I could do such things to someone I don't even know (or someone I do know, for that matter).

That's the world we live in and we've got to be wise as serpents at the same time we are thinking of ways to reach those who's minds are controlled by our enemy. Who could ever argue that people don't need the Lord?

So while you're out there in cyberspace, make sure you have a good antivirus program running. And a good spyware remover (or two) as well. Oh and don't forget a solid firewall.

While you're out there in this world, make sure you have some good anti-sin protectors installed in your mind. I believe we know them in one package as "the armor of God." The shield of Faith, the helmet of Salvation, the breastplate of Righteousness, the belt of Truth, the shoes of Peace and the Sword of the Spirit. Always be vigilant and never let your guard slip!

No comments: