Sunday, May 29, 2005

Showers of Blessing

Wow! I've never seen so much rain in Bangor. And I've never heard so many comments about rain (mostly negative). As I write, it's been "dry" for about 15 hours, but the sky still looks ominous and the weather report says we're in for some more in the next few days. It can't rain on Memorial Day, we're planning a trip to Cadillac Mountain!

I find myself defending Bangor and its weather! Almost as if I'm irritated that people (especially the students, who are new to the area) think less of Bangor because of this weird rain pattern we've been experiencing. "Bangor's not like that- really!" And to think- just a few months ago, I was one who was complaining big time about Bangor! Well, God has changed my mind and we're very happy to serve here!

On May 22, I blogged about the rain in Bangor and how I believe it is prophetic- God is sending his rain on his people and this is just a sign in the physical. But the more rain we get, the more complaining I hear, because it's causing all kinds of problems- flooding, leaking, sleepiness, etc. So I began to think about this "problem." When it's too dry and we don't have enough water, we complain. When it's too wet and we're flooding, we complain. If it's too hot, we complain. If it's too cold, we complain. Sounds to me like we just want to complain!

This is what I figure: If you're praying for Showers of Blessing, you better be prepared for flooding! God never does anything half-heartedly!

Come on, Yahweh- bring it on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa this is the most keeping up with your blog i have done! the rain hasnt really brought me down much, at youth councils i was filled with soo much joy, so happy to be with all my friends...and the rain become a lil fun at times....and now i spend time in school i look outside just wish i could be outside soaking up all the rain! soaking in all those blessings!!!!I think the rain is good too!!! but some sun would be nice anytime soon....but not complaining!:)

Anonymous said...

Isn't this like the Israelites when God was sending down food from Heaven when they were in the desert, they got fed up with the same food, even though they had no other food around...so they complained. Humm...let's have a thankful attitude for the wonderful things the Lord is doing for his people, including the prophetic ongoing rain... A sign in the natural, God is speaking through lots of things, YES including the weather!
-Jennifer Lauren