Saturday, May 21, 2005

What do You Fear to Lose?

I am an unabashed Star Wars fan! Actually, I'm a SciFi fan and Star Wars is just good SciFi.

I got to see the new movie on opening day- not the midnight showing, mind you, but I did get to see it before the day was out. It almost didn't happen that first day, but that's another story I'm not interested in telling right now!

Here's what will probably be my favorite quote from Episode III:
"Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose." - Yoda

This quote is certainly a throught-provoker! What do I fear to lose? What if I did lose it? What then? What would I do? One of the keys to the answer lies in the word "fear." Fear is not of God; when we experience fear, we are under the attack of our old Enemy. We should learn to recognize fear immediately and deal with it quickly. And we should not put ourselves in places where fear is encouraged (like scary movies, etc). Fear is not a fruit of the Spirit, rather a blow of The Enemy. Peace is God's answer and should be our first line of defense.

Many of us, myself included, need to keep a close watch on those things that sneak up on our affections. When they begin to vie for too high a place in our lives, we better be prepared to let them go or they will begin to control us (as Anakin experienced). Nothing but God should be held with too tight a fist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! God has totally been applying pressure to this area in my life...causing me to really look at what I need to get rid of in my life, physically and spiritiually.
I am proud to be your daughter :)
Jennifer Lauren