Monday, May 23, 2005

How do You Get a Policeman's Attention?

Before coming to Bangor, Travis blogged about some day getting a policeman saved. Since coming to Bangor, I mentioned the easiest way to get a policeman's attention, is to get stopped while driving.

I guess Travis doesn't understand my humor yet . . .

We had just picked up one of the 15 passenger vans, so I was driving in the minivan ahead of Travis. He was headed to the Family Store, so I watched him turn in my rear-view mirror. Just after him, I saw a police car turn as well. My brow wrinkled, as it often does when I see a police car.

When I saw his lights begin to flash, I knew he was pulling Travis over! So I did a quick turn around down a side street and headed back to see what the problem was.

Right in front of our store sat Travis with the van door open and a policeman asking him for his license, etc. Apparently he had run a red light while watching where to turn to get to our Store.

Oh, did I mention Travis didn't have his license with him?

Bottom line: they gave him mercy! No ticket, once they checked that he wasn't on some wanted list! Travis did show him his Bible, when he asked if his name in it would suffice as ID (it did not). So now the ice is broken, Travis. Next time, maybe you'll feel comfortable enough to talk to him about Jesus . . .

Next time?

Well, now we have Travis' official "Welcome to Bangor" story. Last year, Jon had almost burned down the corps building by this time!

Isn't it good that God is so generous with his mercy? We're terribly guilty, but he's always willing to drop the charges if we just plead his Son's blood.

And God never asks for your driver's license.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
---Jenn