Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I'd Like Your Prayer Support

Okay, I need some prayer. Here's the scoop: We just got word from our local United Way, that they are zero funding us for the next 3 years. In other words, we're going to be short $33,500 plus any donor designated funds (which comes in anywhere from $5,000- $8,000 a year). Now you think you know why I need that prayer, right? Wrong (probably).

I'm not really worried that we're "losing" $45,000 from our budget- we're taken care of by the God who has all the money. Bottom line: he'll provide as we need it. Where I do need the prayer is in how I handle our response to a United Way I don't really trust and have been concerned about their practices over the last 5 years. They want us to remain "associated" with them, while receiving no financial benefits. We won't. And they will now see us as "competing" for the same local dollars.

We meet to "chat" about our cut this Thursday afternoon and I don't want to respond in anger. I want to be gracious and let them know of our disappointment, but at the same time, of our trust in God. I pray my witness will be effective. Time and God's favor will show who's going to come out "unscathed." I'm not worried about that either.

You know what I really think? I believe God arranged this "setback" so that we would "get out of there" before something we don't want to be associated with happens. I've seen it before with other United Ways.

So thanks for your prayer support. I'll keep you posted so you can see God's deliverance in another awesome way!

No comments: