Monday, November 21, 2005

The Growing List of Blogs

The blogging community is an interesting place! I love it when I discover a new blog by someone I know. Now my problem is how to keep my blog-reading time down to a reasonable daily exercise! Imagine this scene in heaven:

Jesus: So what did you accomplish on earth?
Me: Lots of things, I guess.
Jesus: Did you keep in touch with the people I wanted you to?
Me: Well, not always, but I DID read their blogs!

Hmm. There must be a cut off I can live with somewhere! If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it! Well, on to my point (and I DO have one).

If you notice, I've got a growing list of blogs that I recommend to the right. Since I now list them in a "greater than sign" pattern, you might not notice any new ones I put up. PLEASE notice "Ambassador for Christ." This is NOT one of those "what I did today" type of blogs. She has some awesome stuff to say and says it well. I "found myself" in her words more than once, in just one entry!

Let me know what you think. Or at least let her know by leaving comments.

2 comments:

BrownEyedGirl said...

How nice is that! Thanks. Good to be connected.

Mhairi said...

Ha! funny you mention that - in the same vein, don't you think that if we spent all the time we spend thinking on how to improve the world/the army/significant others/significant leaders on taking care of the area given to us by God, we would have so much less to whinge about! (Ah, perfection will be mine in glory!) Whilst we can spend all our time blogging, and then all our time thinking the smart answers for blogs - is it entirely approriate?

Phil Wall has a wee comment - sorry, doing exactly what I am blogging against - where he speaks out about "thinking fanatics." The article hits on the fact that we are so thoughtful about the thinking that the doing is rarely touched on...

Argh, the thoughts that run in our precious minds - some are there just to pass our time - is it necessary for everyone to hear our every thought? Just thinking...out loud...which means, I don't know if I agree with everything I said

under the b&f