Friday, November 11, 2005

Happy Birthday Miriam!


Happy 15th Birthday Miriam J. Martinez Moedano!


The Burr family "adopted" Miriam when she was 9 years old. We have sponsored her ever since, keeping track of her life through the mail. World Vision is doing a wonderful job of taking care of her! We are pleased to help them.

In the Western world we have so much. Maybe too much. I thank God daily for all of it. But what kind of Christian would I be if I didn't share what I have with those who have so much less? Not to sound like I'm patting my own back here. I could be doing much more and I should be.

Who are the Miriam's in your life? They might not be in Mexico. They might just be in your own backyard! I challenge you to look around you and discover what kind of difference you can make in the lives of others. Maybe it's serving in a Soup Kitchen. Maybe it's adopting an orphan and taking them into your home. Maybe it's living simply so that others may simply live. Maybe it's supporting a child in another country. Maybe it's . . . ?

What are you doing? Tell me about it; leave a comment.

No comments: