Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Warren & Jody’s Blessing

Last Thursday through Saturday I traveled to New Jersey for the wedding of a couple of long time friends- Warren & Jody. I had a great time and was especially honored by Warren to be his Best Man. I think (mostly) I kept him sane for the couple of days before the big event!

One of my responsibilities was to offer a "toast" at the reception. After thinking about it, I decided I should rather pronounce a blessing. After appropriate prayer and listening to God's answer for them, this is what I spoke over them:


This union is God’s design for you and He revels in it even more than you.

He covers over you with His Banner of Love and watches over your way.

He has prepared limitless blessings for you to share and offers them freely.

As you walk together, you will follow in His footsteps while showing your Father’s kindness and gentleness to all who observe His love in you.

You will lead the way for many who seek His will in their own relationships; You will exemplify a life together that wafts a pleasing aroma to the throne of Yahweh and clearly points the way for them to follow; you will influence many- more than you would imagine.

God’s hand is here; He will be your hiding place; your strong tower in times of trouble and you will break through them all because you look to Him for guidance.


Have you ever had that feeling at a wedding that the two aren't quite right for each other? I have. But not this time! I am positive Warren & Jody listened carefully for God's choice for them and they have chosen well.

No comments: