Thursday, November 03, 2005

My Firecrest Visit

Right now I'm sitting in the Philly airport waiting for a pilot. They didn't tell us what happened, but we're now waiting for our new pilot who should be arriving from another airport in about an hour. That's not too bad a delay. Up to now everything has gone without a hitch. Besides, I've got plenty to read, a crossword puzzle book and my laptop to keep me company! I should arrive home about 1-1&1/2 hours later than originally scheduled.

I'm basking in warm thoughts of my last few days at the Atlanta CFOT (College for Officer Training). Things went better than I could have planned myself. While they worked me almost as hard as Steve Court (I love it!), I did get plenty of sleep at nights and didn't have to deal with a 3 hour time change.

Monday I got lost twice trying to find baggage claim at the Atlanta airport, but found my things just before Shimei Hewitt and Major John Needham arrived to pick me up. They dropped me off at my room to settle in and freshen up before my first class with the Firecrest students.

Their first session is graduating very soon and will be sent out to their inner city appointments next week. They may be a bit small in number (they've lost a couple), but the ones still there sure make up for it in depth and enthusiasm! Teddy, Brent, Shimei and Doyle were joined by Nemin (there from India for the next session starting soon), and Tammi (Shimei's sister who is working in an administrative capacity for the program).

I taught a class 2 times a day 9:30 - noonish and 1:30-3:30ish. Then I scheduled individual prayer ministry sessions in the evenings right after dinner (I even squeezed a couple extras in where I could). On Tuesday I taught a combined Spiritual Warfare class of 2nd year students and Firecresters in the AM. On Wednesday I also taught Listening Prayer at the local corps in the evening.

Here are my highlights (not in any special order): Seeing Shimei again and hearing her wonderful laugh! Getting to meet Tami and try to answer her many in-depth questions! Hanging out with Brent and Nemin (and guiding both their prayer sessions into some interesting discoveries)! Almost selling out of all the Battle Gear I brought with me (and even taking orders for more to send back)! Casting out a demon of suicide/death and seeing an amazing change in that person afterwards! The great questions and discussion in all my classes! Watching the corps peoples eyes light up when they discovered a new way to listen to God's voice in their own lives!

God is alive and well in Atlanta- and I was only too glad to be there and witness the evidence. I'd love to return for a longer stay next time (hint, hint)!

2 comments:

Rebekah Dooley said...

praise the lord!
that is always exciting when demons are being cast out and seeing familar faces again.

Gideon son of Joash said...

Don't you just hate when they forget to booka pilot for the flight it makes everything so much more difficult. Didn't you hear that there is a revival happening in the USA southern territory? Although while I was in Canada they said the revival would come from the north...maybe they'll meet in the middle.

In response to Rebekah's comments as long as the demons aren't familiar.