Friday, April 15, 2005

The Bangor Vision Logo



A couple of weeks after we officially arrived in Bangor, we were headed out on vacation. We don't usually schedule vacation so soon after a new assignment, but we had little choice, because of our new schedule.

When arriving in Bangor, we didn't find a vision in place, so I knew I had my work cut out for me and immediately began pressing in for God's direction. My plan was to spend some free time on vacation, praying and listening. So as the plane took off from the Bangor airport, I pulled out my notebook and started to pray and doodle. The sketch I felt led to put to paper (before we even leveled off), looked very much like the one above. It needed some tweaking, but I knew God was showing me his plan. Within another 2 weeks of our return, I had heard the majority of the entire vision and began seeking what it all meant. Here's the gist of our PPP Logo.

The cross, of course, is the focal point of our mission and is intentionally at the center of everything we do. The words "Blazing the Way," refer to our historic and prophetic lead role in blazing new territory for our division and community. The 3 "Ps," however, provide the backbone to build upon. These "steps" are taken in the following order:

Promise: When we realize the Promise we are in Jesus, we settle into who we are. We don't have to worry about what others think, we know God loves us and has a huge plan for our lives. The potential is limited only by our faith!

Purity: When we know the Promise we are in Jesus, we can begin to walk in the Purity he expects of his children. The world needs to see models of this truth in action.

Power: When we know the Promise we are in Jesus and live in the Purity he expects of his children, we can experience the Power he promises in our daily lives. Power just doesn't happen without the first two.

After 5 years, I believe we're beginning to understand the Promise we are. But truth be told, I can hardly wait until we get to the power step!

No comments: