Sunday, April 24, 2005

Take Your Stand!

I love it when The Enemy helps you out! It's never his intention, mind you, but sometimes, he's just too smart for his own good.

This morning, I was preparing to preach on trusting God through the tough things in our lives. All through my prayer time, I was feeling down- almost depressed. I couldn't seem to break through. Then all of a sudden, the thought flashed through my mind: "This isn't worth it. Give up; quit." That's when I knew instantly Satan was at work. So I broke out my Praying the Bible book, and started fighting back.

It wasn't long after that, that I did break through. My spirit lifted and I knew we had a good meeting ahead of us. And that's just what happened. I think God was able to break through to many people, because we took a stand against our great Enemy and caused him to flee! There was some very direct confrontational prayer against Satan and some very direct proclamational prayer over the people. It was one of those awesome, empowered times when God just wants to get his message through to us!

So we' re all going to watch for those times when Satan comes at us to make us feel depressed or out of sorts. And we're not going to let him get the better of us. We're going to trust God to work out any situation for our good. Want to join us? Take your stand!

No comments: