Sunday, May 14, 2006

Lesson Learned

Two years in a row- I get it already!

I just got a phone call from our War College Students coming in from Vancouver. Their flight was cancelled in Toronto because of bad weather in Boston. Cancelled. Not delayed. Not rerouted. Cancelled.

This year's trio thought they might miss the flight entirely, because Denise was held up going through customs. Last year Tara was actually delayed enough to miss her flight (those Canadians must look awfully suspicious going through customs!).

Ah well, I just heard they are making it onto the next flight into Boston, which will get them there around 3 hours later. No big deal. Especially no big deal for me, since I'm not picking them up today! I'm going down to Westbrook tomorrow to get my two. Long trip + Late night driving = Not good for me!

So next year when we begin praying for our War College Students (usually way back in January), we're going to focus on God getting them through customs!

And keeping their flights flying! Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Rebekah Dooley said...

it is always good that the lord teach us things and that we stayed teachable as well. bless you and i pray energy for you when you are driving.

Aurora said...

ah...memories of customs!

kathryn said...

I'll be praying for your 2 charges and for you!!!!