Saturday, March 12, 2005

Do You Want What You Need?

What do you need today? Notice I didn't ask "what do you want today?" There is a difference! The biggest difference, is God promises to provide all our needs, but we usually have to learn how to control our wants (because we want too much).

I want a million bucks, but I might need no cash today. God could provide all I need without money at all (and usually does, in fact)!

I want some time for myself today to recharge, but God may choose to energize me by placing me in people's paths that need help. In using my giftedness to help them, I discover a powerful spiritual strengthening. I find it amazing how well and how often this works!

We think we know what we need. Yet how many times have you finally gotten what you so long desired, only to find it didn't satisfy? When you get what you need, do you find you really wanted it?

My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need. - Philippians 4:19 (ICB)
Lord teach me to control my wants. Teach me to want what you know I need.

No comments: