Friday, March 25, 2005

So Who is Tara Ayer?


Name: Tara Ayer

Age: 30

Home: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TSA Background: I was a convert to TSA through an Alpha program that a coworker invited me to attend because I had some "questions" about Christianity. I eventually attended Sunday worship meetings regularly but never became very involved in Band, Songsters or anything like that. My involvement initially was with small groups and occasionally helping out with Sunday School. I attended, of course, The War College in Vancouver and through that became radically involved in developing and being a part of cell-based, authentic Christian community and missions. I have spent the past year at the Melfort Corps- Sasketchewan, Canada, involved in outreach ministry, preaching, leading small groups, attempting to disciple youth, that kind of thing.

Favorite Food: I love food. Period. But two of my favourites if I'm going out to eat are Sushi or Indian because I love both, but can't make either of them myself.

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite Band/Song: Right out of Portland, Maine...Talitha and Acacia...they're my new favourite band!

Favorite Movie: ooh...it's tough to pick just one. It all depends on mood. Generally, I enjoy movies with good plot twists that keep you thinking like The Score, The Italian Job, Ocean's 11...I like a good heist type of flick.

Favorite Quote: Proverbs are always good for quotes.

Any Instrument?: Do you mean musical? Nope. I played the saxaphone in the high school band...but that was some time ago. I know 5 chords on the guitar, but music really isn't part of my gift mix.

A word about coming to Bangor: I'm pretty excited about the opportunity to come to Bangor, because I know that God is calling me there and He's up to something. When God is up to something, there's bound to be some twists, turns, growth and development- and I know that there's no better place to be than in the center of God's will. It also once again, never ceases to amaze me that when God calls, he also equips!

No comments: