Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Assorted Miscellaneous Hodgepodge

I'm sitting in a hotel at Officer's Retreat in New Hampshire. No cable Internet, so I'm connected at somewhere around 24,000k with a wire stretched all the way across the room (and of course there's no outlet anywhere near the desk)! Grrr! Isn't it amazing how technology spoils you for the way we used to do things? I remember my first modem did a whopping 360k! So we'll see how long I last and if I can keep up my blogging for the next few days. Retreats usually schedule you pretty heavily as well.

After trekking all the way to our room last night, I noticed I left something in the car. It was then I realized they put us in a room all the way on the opposite side of the parking lot! Don't you hate it when that happens?! I sure got my exercise, because we had to park way out in the lot as well. Oh well, I guess I needed that. I do need to work on a couple of extra pounds that have snuck in on me lately (gotta stop it now, can't let it go too far and get out of control).

I have a prayer request for you today: my Dad, Brigadier Howard Burr, is going in the hospital to get a pace maker. He'll be there over night and will be on a mildly restrictive activity regimen for the next 3 months. He's very active, golfing and bowling every week, so I don't want to see him lose that. The whole concept came up on him quickly, after a recent visit to the doctor for something completely unrelated. I never would have thought he'd ever have problems with his heart- it's always been so "big!" The family will appreciate your prayer on his behalf.

It's snowing out today. We're expecting a major storm all across the eastern seaboard that started last night. We came to retreat a day early to avoid traveling in the worst of the storm. But that meant we had to travel late. We don't usually do that very well. Dark means it's time to go to bed, not drive 4 hours through the woods of Maine and New Hampshire! Anyway, you should see the beautiful (snow covered) mountain view out our window this morning! We're in the White Mountains and I understand the name.

I did some reading in Charisma magazine before bed last night. The issue before the current one has some interesting articles on how many people are leaving the church, but not Christianity. There were the typical both sides of the story, but I'm not sure anyone really understands what's going on. I want to blog more about that, so maybe I'll continue on this train of thought tomorrow. I hope I can get all my thoughts into the relatively short capsule of a daily blog!

Thanx for reading. God bless you all. Catch ya tomorrow!

No comments: