Thursday, March 17, 2005

Wherever. Always.

Then Jacob woke up and said, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I wasn't even aware of it."
- Genesis 28:16


I came across this verse in my reading this morning and it hit me that God was right there with me. I wasn't previously thinking about it, but he was there. Even though I wasn't consciously aware that he was with me, he was with me anyway.

God's presence with us is not dependent on us- whether we believe it, understand it or even if we're thinking about it. It's a fact.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified . . . for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
- Deuteronomy 31:6

I've heard it said: "Wherever you go, there you are." But I'd like to add, "and there he is."

Wherever. Always.

Meditate on that for a time and it could just settle you down, make you feel safe or just plain blow your mind!

No comments: