Monday, February 28, 2005

And You Think You've got Prayer Requests

I just got this email from a friend:

Please pray for the following young men who have participated in [my] Leg-Up program:
1) Tyler Morin: shot in the chest and arm last night.
2) the 17 year old who did the shooting (name is confidential).
3) Arnold Simmons: was in a car accident and now is a paraplegic.
Thank-you.
Envoy Kevin Bickford

If you were to send me an email with your prayer requests, I wonder what they'd look like? If I sent you one a few minutes before I read this note, it might have looked something like this:

Please pray for the following:
1) Funding for our New PowerHouse Teen Center.
2) Spiritual Growth in our People.
3) Outreach to the Lost in our community.

Is any prayer request any less important than any other? I'm not really sure. Can God handle them all? I am really sure! But does this kinda make me think about where my priorities are? You betcha.

Oh Lord, we reach out to you on behalf of these 3 guys and ask that you intervene in their lives. Show them your love for them. Send someone (Kevin?) to be Jesus to them during these trying times. Bring comfort, peace and healing. Make sense of it all for them, as only you can. Amen.

No comments: