Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Peace that Guards

At this moment, I am not at peace. My temperature has risen and my heart is beating a little faster than usual. There have been many (way more than usual) issues that have come up at the office this morning that are irritating. Oh, I can deal with 1 or 2, here and there, but when a lot of them come up at pretty much the same time, I find myself stressed and if I look at it clearly, I am not at peace.

This AM my devotional spoke to me about God's Peace. Am I surprised? I kinda bleeped over it, thinking "I know all about peace." But now I find myself drawn back to the scripture with a tight heart (no worries- not a heart attack, just an attack of the heart! There is a difference).

Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful. [16] Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. [17] And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the Father.
- Colossians 3:15-17 (NLT)


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. [7] If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)


I am struggling so that whatever I do or say, I will not respond how I want to, rather how Jesus would respond. I am finding the more I "breathe deliberately" and meditate on God's word above, the room seems a little cooler and I can't feel my heart drumming in my ears! A little more of this and I'll find myself back in balance and able to deal with these irritations from a position of God's peace. That's where I always want to be!

Ah, that's better! That's the peace that guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the devil loves to attack at all oportunities. Peace in our hearts is not what satan want and if you let alittle unrest seep in he will take and run with it. so keep you heart near to the heart of God and do let unreat get the best of you just take a minute and breath in the fresh breathe of the Savior and dont let unrest get the best of you.